Learn how to make a professional video on your mobile phone.
I’m an award-winning filmmaker, journalist and digital communications specialist who’s worked with the Associated Press Television News, The New York Times, BBC World, the United Nations, the Mayor of London, The Daily Telegraph and many many more and I’ve developed a fun, practical workshop to get you making high-quality, professional-looking videos on your phone in one session.
Perhaps you’re a charity, corporate organisation, business owner, blogger, journalist or communications professional – and you want to make video regularly but you don’t have the access or budget for a production company or filmmaker.
This workshop is for you, they’re designed for beginners and intermediates who want to learn all the tips and tricks I’ve gathered over ten years of making professional video that has been watched by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
What’s the training about?
A half-day or full-day training session on how to use your own smartphone to make professional video.
Classes are held live and online and you can choose a workshop that specialises in your organisation’s needs at a time that suits you or join a scheduled workshop and learn along with others.
And because they are taught online, you can join from anywhere in the world.
What will I learn?
In a small group of about nine people you will learn through short tutorials and group/individual hands-on practical exercises:
- How to get the best out of available light, how to maximise sound quality and how to get a stable shot every time
- Which affordable, easy-to-use smartphone accessories to buy and how to use them to put you on par with professional filmmakers
- What to film and how to shoot sequences in preparation for editing
- Which low-cost apps you can use on your laptop or smartphone to edit your footage
- The principles of editing: how to put shots in order to tell a story or share a message, where to find copy-right free music and how to make titles for your edit.
- Storytelling: some easy examples of how to tell your story or message
What do I need?
A smartphone with video making capability, a laptop if you have one.
What is the cost?
Costs start at just £99 for a place on a scheduled half-day workshop. For news of the next workshop sign up here.
For a quote for a bespoke workshop email me at email@example.com
What are the benefits?
- Learn how to use the dominant language of social media. Video is becoming increasingly popular on all platforms with Mark Zuckerberg predicting that video will soon be the heart of Facebook.
- Professional videos can cost from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds to make. With these skills you or your organisation will make back your fee with the very first video that you produce.
- Have full control over your message, campaign, product, news story or blog. Don’t rely on someone who doesn’t know your story to tell your story.
Can I see an example of what I’ll learn how to do?
You can also see examples of TV features I filmed for the Associated Press on iPhone here.
And here a little promo something I knocked up very quickly and easily on an iPhone too: